Have you seen an unusual bird in Calgary?
If it is a species on this Reportable_Birds (PDF), please report it to the Rare Bird Alert line at 403 221-4519 and leave a message after the beep at the end of the recording. If you would like some help with species identification, us email us at firstname.lastname@example.org To report injured wildlife call the Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society at 403 239-2488, or the Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation at 403 946-2361.
This report was prepared on Thursday May 26.
– STILT SANDPIPER 4, pond east of Hwy 817 north of Strathmore, Isobel Anderson & Nimali Seneviratne
– LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER, Boundary Rd near Weed Lake, IA & NS
– SNOW GOOSE 2, Twp Rd 312 near Linden, Corrine Griffin
– SABINE’S GULL adult, Glenmore Reservoir, Bill Wilson (also seen by Terry Korolyk)
– EURASIAN WIGEON male, Glenmore Res, Yousif Attia & Ilya Povalyaev
– WHIMBREL, Glenmore Reservoir, YA & IP
– SUMMER TANAGER 2nd year male, photographed, Cypress Hills PP, Jeremiah Kennedy — if accepted this will be the 6th record for Alberta
The next scheduled update of the Bird Alert is on Monday May 30.