Have you seen an unusual bird in Calgary? If it is on this Reportable_Birds (PDF), please report it to the Nature Calgary Rare Bird Alert line at 403 221-4519 and leave a message after the beep at the end of the recording. If you would like some help with species identification, us email us at email@example.com To report injured wildlife call the Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society at 403 239-2488, or the Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation at 403 946-2361.
This report was prepared on Thursday July 21.
– LONG-BILLED CURLEW, NW of Beiseker, Ron Kube
– PACIFIC WREN, West of Sibbald Meadows Road, Bill Wilson
– FOX SPARROW, Highwood Pass, BW
– SPOTTED TOWHEE, Votier’s Flats (Calgary), Matthew Sim
– RED CROSSBILL, Willow Park (Calgary), MS
– SANDERLING, Weed Lake (Langdon), David Pugh
– CASPIAN TERN, Glenmore Reservoir, Terry Korolyk
The next scheduled update of the Bird Alert is on Monday July 25.